View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
After a lot of research, the PS Audio PWD Mk II appears to be a great potential solution (that is within my budget). Because I'm dedicated to my Mac music server, I considered a Firewire Weiss DAC. I've also considered Berkeley along with a number of DACs that are popular with computer audiophiles.

Has anyone compared the PS Audio PWD Mk II directly to the W4S DAC2? Also, is anyone who is using a PWD with Audirvana Plus comment on the effect of enabling Direct Mode?

Thanks.
Jason......Although I can't vouch for the W4S DAC2, I've previously had the original Berkeley Alpha DAC. The PS Audio Mk II was a tremendous improvement to my system. I am outputting via a Squeezebox Touch via USB into it. No grain, no harshness, great separations of instruments, great resolution allowing you to hear deeper into the music. Regular res Flac files sound awesome. Even low listening levels are enjoyable.
Totally happy.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub