View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Botilll - what is your source? When a $12,000 McIntosh player has issues I have to wonder what is feeding it? A $100 endpoint (RPi4+ROPIEEE) seems to work fine. I’m not defending McIntosh - they have a history of poor USB implementations and I would like to think they have it figured out by now. This gives me pause….

Whatever it is you need to call McIntosh and your streamer supplier and let them sort it out. It’s just unacceptable whatever gear is causing the issue.
Roon Nucleus connected directly and also HiFi Rose used as a Roon endpoint have produced the same result for me. Roon through the MCD’s usb input is the common denominator it seems. No issues with either source unit feeding my D1100 via usb or when feeding the MCD12000 with AES connection from the Rose. Also no issue using other services/sources other than Roon through usb input. McIntosh is aware of my issue, has been responsive and I’m sure they’re working to duplicate and solve.

Providing my experience to the OP since he shows interest in using Roon via USB with the new MCD.