View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 09:59 PM
Racing Hoopties

Default Craig’s Latest System Pictures

Only 4 or so months ago, I had that room dialed in pretty well. Late May, the boss lady goes to a cocktail hour at a home in our neighborhood. The hosts open a bottle of champagne and someone asks “what are we celebrating?”. “We are selling and moving to Riverton Point”. My wife promptly pulls one of the hosts aside and asks “How much?”.

FOUR days later we have not only signed a contract to buy their home but have our home under contract! That was the easiest part of this story.

Roll the clock forward, we have sold, moved to storage, lived off of family and friends for a couple of weeks, bought and moved, unpacked, unpacked, unpacked and unpacked some more. I hate the moving process when I have to do all the work. My former company refused to help me with this move .

Anyway, The new home brought a different two channel room. Much bigger but with worrisome dimensions of 22’ X 22’ X 10’ with some odd angles here and there. Luckily it’s not a perfect box.

This week I had three 20 AMP dedicated lines runs and Furutech GTX-D(G) outlets/plates and covers installed. I also spent considerable time placing my Strads and a little time working in the subs. Haven’t run any measurements.

This room is big. It allows the creation of a huge soundstage which I at first loved, but realized it wasn’t proportioned correctly. Now I am working to find the right balance between proportion/sound stage and bass. I love this part of the journey.

More pics to follow but here are some teasers. It all still a little disorganized.

Image1629770305.069287.jpg
Image1629770325.323303.jpgImage1629770338.234700.jpg
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack

Last edited by crwilli; 08-24-2021 at 08:34 AM.