View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 11:05 AM

Default Receptacle location help

Main question, how should I best manage plugging in 5 components with only 4 receptacles (2 at each possible location) and the two subs being 14’ apart? The room layout below is showing 4 potential locations for the 2 receptacles.

I am ready to schedule an electrician to come take a look at adding a dedicated line to my listing room. I have read quite a bit on the process and of course there are many schools of thought on do’s and don’ts, etc. Hoping to consolidate my path from here. Please share any suggestions you may. At this point I plan to add 2 lines using 10g wire and medical grade receptacles. Running from existing panel with no additional grounding. My gut tells me the amp should be alone on one line and the rest on the other. I assume it would be preferable for the 2 subs to be on one receptacle, but that would require long chords. So not sure how to manage all that. My runs should be just below 50’, but that is assuming a straight line diagonally across the bottom of the floor joists. I got a feeling that is not a proper way to run electrical lines, code? So, may be well over 50’.

I only have to available spots at the top left and right positions on the circuit panel and I am hoping that they are on the same phase or I may only have one line available? Given those limitation of having only two lines max to hook up to, how should I position the receptacles to be able to plug everything in? I don’t see how to get power to the left sub unless we piggy back off another receptacle. What about surge protection? Up until now I haven’t used any. I will need to plug in 1 Amp, 1 Preamp, 1 Streamer, and 2 subs. Currently using factory power chords an all.

Thank all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0238.jpg (52.5 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0236.jpg (59.6 KB, 89 views)

Last edited by torxx; 11-17-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add on