View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 08:35 AM

Glenn,
I have a gas range (kenmore Elite, made by Electrolux) that is a reasonably nice range. I have a full set of 2.5mm copper cookware. Around 3 years ago I purchased an induction hob that now sits on top of my stove and is used probably 90% of the time. The control is great but unfortunately I cannot use copper cookware on it, obviously.
When I fry an egg, or use a pressure cooker or boil water, the induction hob is quicker and more convenient. Clean up is an absolute breeze. The other issue is venting of combustible gas. When my house was built for the pervious owner 29 years ago, I am not sure much attention was paid to the need for adequate ventilation and, almost as importantly, make up air. We will probably renovate the kitchen in the next few years and I will probably go with induction. Clean lines, easy clean up, precise, way more efficient, does not heat up the kitchen in the summer. The only downsides I can see is it is an electronic device that will fail and it won’t heat the kitchen in the winter.
Speakers: Salon2 with F113v2 x 2
Analog: VPI Avenger Reference with Ortofon A95 and Esoteric E03 phonostage
Digital: Silenzio and Esoteric K03-x and G02
Power Management: PS Audio P10 x 2, P5
Cables: WW PE7 SC & IC, Furutech Flux-50 Filters
Rack: HRS SXR Signature