View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 11:59 AM

Default The Ultimate Integrated

After having separates from Mcintosh, Plinius and finally selling off all my Burmester gear. I'm sitting on a wad of cash contemplating my next move after buying the Tannoy Canterbury SE. I didn't know if a full blown tube setup was going to work for me. So in walks Triode 300B SER integrated out of Japan putting out 8 watts of power into the Tannoy's. Now this isn't Air Tight,Nagra,Wavac, etc. quality but to my ears it makes the Tannoys sing nicely. So after playing with the 300B for 3 months I decide I want to bring in a solid state integrated into the mix for those head banger nights. So now I decide to research the holy grail of integrated units that have that tube sound (I know it doesn't exist) Vitus, Accuphase, Luxman, Pass Labs etc. Getting caught up in all the big names not thinking about the little guys. So I'm talking to Joe aka Joeinid the other night about all the wonderful gear out there that sound great that doesn't get any recognition. Yesterday i'm talking to one my dealers that sold me my Hansen Princes a few years ago. Fidels up in New Hampshire. I'm telling him how i'm at point in my life where i'm looking for simplicity. I told him i've been researching the Vitus 010,Accuphase E560,Luxman 590AX, Pass labs int-30a. Walter always seems to carry products that aren't well know as well as the big boys.I told him how I wanted something musical (aren't we all). He was telling about two companies Lfd and Lavardin both out of the UK that I never heard before. I was most curious about the Lfd NCSE and his philosophy as well as being the one that builds these himself. I'm sure his product won't win any measurement awards but all I want is musically. Anybody have any experience with Lfd good or bad besides no remote?

LFD’s latest amplifier – Reviews | TONEAudio MAGAZINE

http://www.generubinaudio.com/sitebu...rfiles/lfd.pdf
Shunyata Research Sigma USB and Ethernet
Argento Audio speaker cables and interconnects