View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 11:40 AM

Thank everyone so much. It really is a great piece. I can tell you that the MCT connection is fabulous. If I had not been given the WEL digital XLR, there would be no way to know this. Certainly an AES/EBU with a WEL is among the highest quality connection. It's easy for me to AB it with the MCT. I can hear no difference. There is zero difference in the volume level between the two inputs. My XVX is super high resolution. There is no difference. Amazing, and very good for folks that desire to make it their main digital output. It's like saving 4K and it passes both SACD and CD. In the overall scope of things, a C1100 pre, D1100 DAC/pre, MCT500, is competitive with anything on the market, and more than competitive when you consider price. Add vibration control with Stillpoints or Wilson Pedestals, superior power cord and conditioner, and dedicated line, and you have a system that can match much higher priced systems. The important thing is to find the sound signatures you like. I like Mac, AQ, and Wilson, but there are many others out there. If you don't, you will never be happy. I kept my MCD1100 and MVP881 for 10 years: wonderful pieces and still work perfectly, though I sold My MCD1100.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 07-09-2021 at 11:59 AM.