View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Bubeck View Post
>> Just connected my new MCT 500 into the system. Sounds great. Very pleased. <<

There is a good deal of agreement about the MCT500. See:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=49679

Enjoy!

Bob
__________________________________________________ ____________
Sources: Clearaudio Jubilee MC/Clearaudio Innovation Wood TT w/Universal Arm 9”; MCT500 CD/SACD transport; OPPO 205; NAD C446 Internet Tuner; Nakamichi 670ZX cassette deck. Electronics: MacIntosh C2700 preamp w/DA2 and MC462 power amp. Speakers: Wilson Yvettes Headphones: MacIntosh MHP 1000 Interconnects: Transparent G5 balanced and speaker cables; MCT - MCT500 -> C2700.Power cords: Transparent (on preamp, power amp and transport). Surge protected. Record and CD maintenance : Clearaudio Double Matrix Professional Sonic RCM; L’Art du Son CD treatment.
Bob I just read the review. Certainly very favorable. The MVP 901 has also received a very favorable review. It led to my ordering the expensive coaxial digital cable. I think it superior to the optical cable. I think the MCT connection a real winner. In my opinion with the MCT there really is no need for another digital connection. SACD on the Mac with the MCT is fabulous.

Best

Charles

p.s. I can't believe how expensive these AQ coaxial cables are. Fortunately, the 901 will set just above the D1100 so .75 meter will work. I sat there wondering if I could live with a Wild but then I knew I couldn't.

Last edited by Charles; 07-06-2021 at 12:54 AM.