Thread: Bryston BDA-3
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
True, but perhaps their equipment they design and power cords they use are don't need power cords or footers, I don't know. I do know that everything I have purchased from Bryston from pre-pros, amps, D/A converters to digital players have made me a loyal customer. The only reason for me to try fuses is that I am dissatisfied with my sound I cannot say this. I love listening to my software with Bryston equipment. Bryston is the most honest company I have dealt with so I am a customer for life.
I couldn’t agree more with your comments regarding Bryston. I just like to ever so slightly improve on perfection if at all possible by a tweek here and there.

Believe me when I say that swapping out the fuses in my PS Audio BHK preamp and the mains fuses on the BHK 300 mono amps made a noticeable improvement. This is not a placebo effect to justify my purchase. I’ve spent good money on other so called upgrades that did absolutely nothing or even worse made my system sound worse.

It’s a disease I can’t shake looking for the best upgrade.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.