View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby View Post
I am sure you meant BDP-3 rather than BDA-3. But, I am curious, what is it about the Manic Moose interface that folks don't like? I for one just use Manic Moose for music selection. I don't look at the interface otherwise as I am trying to listen to the music. So, again, I am trying to find out what is is about Manic Moose that folks do not like?
Yes, I did mean BDP-3 and not BDA-3. Good catch, thank you! I edited the post to make the correction.

The Manic Moose interface just isn't as slick as some of the competition's software, such as Aurender. For example, the Qobuz functionality is extremely limited by comparison to Aurender's Conductor app, but the trade-off is more than worth it to me.
Primary sources: VPI TNT III/SDS turntable, SME-V arm; Bryston BDP-3 digital player; Bryston BDA-3 DAC; McIntosh MVP-881 disc player; McIntosh MR-80 tuner. Preamplifier Audio Research Ref 5SE; Audio Research Ref Phono 2SE; Moon 430 HA. Amplifiers Conrad Johnson Premier 1B; Audio Research D-300; Bryston 4B. Speakers Infinity IRS Beta. Recorders Tandberg TD20A; Crown SX-822; Nakamichi 670ZX; Alesis Masterlink ML-9600. Power Tice Power Block/Titan (x2); McIntosh MPC1500; API Ultra II-20; multiple 20A derated dedicated lines.