Thread: Aurender S10
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM

In my case, I became aware of Aurender because after some research, including on this site, I was given the impression that the Berkeley Audio Series 2 DAC would be better than the Bricasti and others. When I searched for a local dealer, the one listed dealer in Southern California was Audio Salon in Santa Monica. When I called Audio Salon, I was advised to consider the Aurender S10 as my server to achieve my goal of high quality, a nice ipad interface, ease of use, and if possible to not have a laptop or a Windows PC as my server. On the Audio Salon website, they list Aurender as a brand they sell, and on the Aurender website, they list Audio Salon as one of their dealers. For me, it seems that there is an Aurender dealer within 30 min of my home. I understand that new products can be kept in limbo to make sure all is just right before distribution, and certain problems can arise leading to delays. In my case, I was advised to select a currently available and reviewed product. I have not decided to get this yet, and will perhaps go see it in person this week. However, hard to do comparative testing given the lack of audio dealers setup for A-B comparisons. Therefore, this forum has actually been a main source of my information for decision making.