Thread: Ammo prices
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 01:18 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
What's going on with ammo prices? Speculative pricing due to high demand or the new norm?
Unfortunately, likely both. Even for those of us who reload the cost of components is ridiculous and scarce (except for primers, which are non-existent). Lots of gouging going on. Hopefully, we consumers will have long memories per the gougers. Target quality 22LR ammo is probably the worst of loaded ammo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvis1 View Post
It's just like a drug. Users will pay anything to support their habit. The biggest gripe I have is that there are many out there (you know who you are) who already have more ammo than I could ever use for the rest of my life, and they keep buying more.
The hoarders are definitely a problem. Fortunately, am friends with a few so can generally purchase selective amounts of primers at reasonable prices. The problem with primers is they are made by the same folks who make fixed (loaded) ammo and are being used in their own production with little left for us reloaders. I'm good this season and next (I hope), but will be 'out of business' for 2023 if supplies don't open up. Ah, well........ just have to head over to Scotland and watch the Walker Cup. Could be worse.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 05-10-2021 at 01:23 PM.