View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisCheesehead View Post
From all accounts, McIntosh doesn't really have a good streaming transport offering ……..

Struggling between wanting to keep the system as "McIntosh-y" as I can and getting the best streaming option within my budget. Would appreciate any and all advice.
I like yourself wrestled with keeping the system all McIntosh but in my experiences there are much better DACs out there for the price.

When whole house listening a Vault2i is used to feed the DA2 in the c2700 so music can be heard as one moves around the house. Each living space has speakers and it’s simple and easy. Especially for my wife.

But, in the evening when I just want to do some critical listening I use the Baltic 3 feed by the Opticalrendu which then is connected to the c2700 XLR. The sound is wonderful. That’s my experiences and journey.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Decide first where you’re priority lie. Is it the best possible sound, an all McIntosh look, convenience or something else. Once you set weight to those areas your answer will be a little clearer.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500