View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 02:03 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
Dilettante – For some reason you don't seem to be hearing us on this subject. The power inlet on the Marantz gear is IDENTICAL to the grounded power inlets on your Classe gear, with the exception that the grounding pin is missing. The missing grounding pin IN NO WAY prevents any aftermarket grounded power cord, such as your Shunyata Sigmas, from being used. It simply doesn't connect to the ground in the cable. As you can see from my post above, Caelin Gabriel said that this would have no effect on the effectiveness of his cables. Whether the effectiveness of other cable brands would be compromised by the lack of the ground pin can only be answered by them. But as for fitting, ANY regular, grounded, 15-amp aftermarket power cord can be used like normal with the Marantz gear, & the Shunyata PCs will work just as well as they do in your Classe gear.

As to my Classe M-700 amps, they are a VERY old model – I think I already had them when I met my wife, & that's over 26 years ago! I bought them specifically to power the woofer towers of my IRS Beta speakers, which need a LOT of horsepower to sound good. As the name suggests, the M-700s output 700 wpc @ 8 ohms, 1,400 wpc @ 4 ohms, & over 2,000 wpc @ 2 ohms! They definitely get those woofers moving...

Ditto here: I use a Wireworld power cable on my Marantz AV processor.
Works like a charm.
We own several Marantz products in our house. We love the brand.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables