View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Serge-

After listening to and living with seems like the mustard credenza wasn't the best choice after all. Trial and error is just a part of what this all about as I continue to learn .

The current set up is neat and clean. Do you find it less distracting when using the viewing screen?

A professional painter gave me a great tip years back. "Paint wall socket/switch covers the same as the wall paint; they will disappear." Correct he was. If you have some of that wall paint left over...there you go and perfect match!
Nope, the credenza wasn't the best fit for an audiophile application. Well, it works but the sound suffers a bit and I cannot compromise on this.

Yes, I really like the amplifier sitting alone in the middle. Makes the viewing experience much less distracting. Unfortunately I do not have a 4-5M long interconnect to leave it like that. What I did however is to add two shelves as it was before but I removed the other shelves that were sitting next to it. This is an acceptable compromise in the meantime I get the long interconnect I would need. As for the sound, it came back even better than before. I think those Herbies square fat dots are doing their magic.

I am not a fan to paint wall plates but I do agree that the color match would be perfect. I have found everything I need on Amazon for the black wall plates and connectors. I think I will go this way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9875.jpg (91.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9876.jpg (93.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9644.jpg (97.8 KB, 35 views)