View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 03:08 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzzmusician View Post
Greetings from a new guy!

A bit about me;

I'm 65 years old and some of my earliest memories are about music. I remember begging my mother for 80 cents to buy a record and when I was in 4th grade I asked for a recording of the "Sabre Dance," by Khachaturian. I got it too!!!

I'm mostly into jazz and classical, have played many gigs along with too many weddings and played with our local symphony for about 8 years until I just ran out of time.

Nowadays one of my greatest joys is hearing new music, or new interpretations of music I already have.

I haven't seen many links to recording posted and would like to know if that is allowed and if so, I would greatly appreciate being able to sample a recording while browsing the forum.

Here is a brilliant piece of music. (I go a little crazy whenever I listen to it and have yet to hear it performed live.)

George Rochberg "String Quarter No. 3: Part A, Fantasia & March"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ4oFn-lVK8

Click the link, it's a fine piece of music.

Regards,

Bob
Welcome Bob. There have been several posts with embedded YouTube performances that we could watch and hear. Seems either the forum software or YouTube has changed the way they handle URL semantics and those embeds no longer work. Adding a link as you've done is fine and thanks.