View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post
Congratulations - Those are some sharp looking speakers. If they sound half as good as they look you will be in heaven. Enjoy!!!
Well, I upgraded from an older version (lesser 100 watts per side and without speakerlink).

I must say these are REALLY, REALLY great sounding speakers .. if not, I would not plomb in S$25k to get them upgraded. I could have sold off the older version, moved on to Wilson Sasha's and get a pair of Dan Augostino's latest creations to match.

Yes, I chose this path as I am really in love and enjoyed the musicality this model (and combination) can do. It may not be the greatest in every detail but certainly, as a total package, it is very musical, relaxing and just makes one sit back, relax and enjoy the presentation.

So, Meridian is really to stay and if there's anymore upgrade, it will be, space not an issue, to a full HT system by adding a center DSP7.2k HC and one more pair of DSP8000.2 with the 861v6 processing the works. These are in the plans but only if I moved out to bigger space to accommodate.

If there's any second system, it will be more for for the bedroom and I have already started by acquiring a small nice tube retro looking Leben CS300XS. With Mullard and Siemen NOS tubes, they should sound stupendous with matching high enough efficiency speakers to not tax the 15 watts this little amp produces per channel.

Many nice things are on the plan ... but need to be strategic in introducing and taking it one step at a time. I sure would not want to make my wife jump at me again, for being frivolous about my past hifi journey ever again! and of course, down playing the real cost of ownership. Those days are way behind me now.

All I am liking it today is I have a nice system done up, so just enjoy it and take things slow and steady as I move along, day to day.

Cheers!
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar