View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdsmoke View Post
Very nice. I have been looking to do something similar using 1 inch walnut. How did you connect the pipes to the shelves? It looks like you drilled holes through the used threaded pipe. However from the pics the threading only looks to be where the shelves are. Are the connectors linking 2 pipes. So you have one through the shelf and another from the shelf top of them shelf to the bottom on the next one?
I used a 1 and 1/16" bit to drill holes in the 1" wood. In that hole is a 1.5" threaded pipe that connects the couplings or at the top a cap. 3/4" pipe has an outside diameter of 1" and using the drill bit I did makes it easy to fit the pipe into the holes otherwise you will spend a lot of time reaming out the holes. I made sure that all holes are the same bu using the previous shelf as a guide or the next one. Hope this makes sense.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill