View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 07:44 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtroo View Post
I think you've answered the question. The market is the people who purchase the product. It would not seem they are targeting low income folks. What would the sales breakdown answer? They sell out. MoFI will keep raising prices until they don't sell out. I guess maybe I'm missing the point.

Is there data that the individuals purchasing these are wealthy people looking to "up-sell"? I would think the truly wealthy would not bother to endeavor in hoarding these releases and re-selling them. I am sure there are ways around the 2 album limit, but the time and effort required would not be worth the effort to someone who is "wealthy". Not even sure what that designation means.
+1............ indeed, your life would have to be incredibly boring to spend it purchasing new, high-$$ pressings and reselling at a profit in a very small market. These LPs are pretty much like the rest of our high-end gear. If you want them and can afford, its your choice. Like $4000 power cords.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag