Thread: Jadis
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:17 PM

Howie Bro,

So you are looking into tubes now.

Seriously, there are many choices, apart from schools (SET vs Push Pull). Opinion varies and its best you understand the characteristics of each marque and if they are a good match to your music preferences vs the speakers you intend to drive.

Jadis is an "all rounder", kinda like McIntosh, albeit like exquisite vs retro.

Personally, I would still prefer McIntosh, just for the sake of being a couch potato where it can be remotely controlled vs very manual for the Jadis.

Performance wise, each has its own strengths but like I said, in the end, its still McIntosh for me should I turn to tubes.

Kondo and its distant British cousin "Audio Note" are not my cup of tea. I prefer MORE watts, just in case in future I ditch Horns. At least, I still have amps that can push slightly more difficult speakers. If I go Japanese manufacture, Air Tight would come across strongly. Of course, if pocket deep enough, I would say Wavacs!

Whatever you choose amongst these brands, dont think you would be far from wrong. Its all a matter of taste, maybe acquired taste would be the better word I should use. Happy hunting.

Cheers!

Last edited by JSCC; 06-03-2010 at 09:23 PM.