View Single Post
Old 04-08-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I have tried the Audio Technica version of this and it is really good. It has a smooth operation compared to the ProJect one that I had used (that one just had such a violent action).

It works best on standard looking turntables with a regular block plinth and a decent gap between the platter and the arm mount. Some straight 9" arms have the mounts mounted so close to the platter, there's basically no space to fit them. But 10" 12" are fine. As are some J shaped 9" arms

With my Acoustic Signature Thunder, the lifter needs to be placed on the rack surface itself so you need to use the double sided tape to stack the height modules to lift it up more.
I saw a demonstration video and they had the Tru Lift on a VPI HW40. There is plenty of room to use one with with large base is appears. The HW40 has a 12" tonearm so ample room by the platter.
My System: Amp-McIntosh MC611(2) :Pre-McIntosh C2700, MP1100 :CD/SACD-McIntosh MCD600 :Speakers-McIntosh XR100 :Power Controller-McIntosh MPC1500 :Turntable-VPI HW40 Ortofon Cadenza Black :Cables-Morrow PH5,MA5 and Elite Speaker Cables :Headphones-McIntosh MPH1000 :Record Cleaner Klaudio KD-CLN-LP200T
Thanks,
Bill