Thread: Go You Reds!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:19 AM

Thumbs up LFC's finest left-winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
I am from the UK originally prior to moving to Canada, The recent inquiries and outcomes are quite damming on the way Hillsborough was handled. Will not bring the people back but some closure for the families. I have a close affliction with the city of Liverpool and have supported the Reds since 1979 much to the chagrin of my family [emoji12]
Akitared.....Well, then you'll remember, fondly I hope, when Digger Barnes was brought over from Watford FC in '87. Once he was on the left, the Reds became a force that I don't think I've seen equaled since. I mean, I certainly hope that Messieurs Beardsley and Aldridge send him a Christmas card every year -- because he made those two look better than I believe they actually were. I mean, if Mo Salah and Co. could get that kind of service, the Reds would become the dynasty they once were in a heartbeat!

John Barnes, the best left-winger I've ever had the pleasure of watching. Perhaps my fondest memories of LFC were during his time in LFC red...

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections