View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest4life View Post
The MC2301s do not have fans. I was rereading what you typed and I may be not quite comprehending what you stated here about fans. Are you inferring that you need a fan for your system to keep it cool or something else? Or, if you were to go with a tube setup, such as MC2301 or 3500s you might need fans to keep the system cool. I ended up adding a mini split HVAC unit to assist with keeping the room and system cool when I have marathon listening sessions with all of the tube equipment on. It helps greatly and I do not see a need for a fan for my situation, but it sounds like you need some good breathing room for all of your stuff and calling to go along. Wow!

I really can’t wait to see what reviewers say about them and people in the field who become owners say as well. Plenty of us will be following your journey. Have fun.
Audioquest, I though someone on AA said the 2301's had fans. I looked in the OM and thought I saw fans. My MVP 881 has a fan and sometimes manufacturers even Mac don't like to mention it. You can hear fans when they kick in and they add noise to the system. I'm glad the 2301 doesn't have a fan. I was surprised to hear they did and glad I misunderstood. I will be keeping the 1.25's but will for the foreseeable future be using the 3500's. Of course I will keep the 1.25KW connected to my Thor but the two on either end will be given a long rest. I like you have spent a huge amount of money on keeping my room cool. I had a new extremely efficient heat pump installed, all my walls reinsulated and boarded up from the rear with OSB board, and all the duct work replaced. It was a monumental effort for heating and cooling for such a relatively small space.

Best

Charles