View Single Post
Old 03-24-2021, 05:33 PM

Hi MasterLu/Bart/Jim,
Let me try to be as open, although I know one day some answers here, seen by my wife, will get me an earful.
1. The Samsung 65 inch TV was bought 6 years back (together with the 88 inches at the hall). Reason used was I will watch concerts at quite a loud level and being shut out in my small room would minimise any disturbances to my daughters who may be studying. Well, Honestly, the TV did not clock more than 20 hours! Most times I was listening to the 3 changes of systems, first the Raidho 3.1, then the Wilson Alexia & now the Avantgarde XD's. Bart, hope your question is answered.And yes if I do watch TV (outside with my family on the big screen, there will be subtitles - cause only my eldest daughter understand (speak and read Korean) when we watched Korean Soap Serials. Still, subtitles are great as it provides a clear understanding of what I may have heard wrongly.
2. As for the CD's they were accumulated thru the years, and long before I know the place known as HD Tracks, which Ive only discovered 2 years back. BUT I still buy some SACD's and now MQA discs as I do find them a tad bit better than the files in my Roon Nucleus+. Could be just the mind playing tricks on the ears.
3. The same fate applies to my LPs collection. Please don't laugh as I have only played not more than 20 of them while the rest are still sealed and properly jacketed. Just on titles/count, I think I will never be able to listen the balance 2.3k of them. My wife had since caught me on this when she question why I am still buying (especially all the SRX/Tone Poet/1-Step Recording/Limited Editions). She told me to just sieve thru those that I really, really wanted to keep (for whatever valid reasons, like nostalgia, etc) and she will help me post them on Amazon to sell them off. I am still avoiding this. And yes, I have Compulsive Disorder. Ha Ha.
As for retirement, its a big change to lifestyle, where for once, I was a lost soul not knowing why I woke up and just walk, sleep and listen/watch music and movies. I am still adjusting.
Ivan, thanks for posting my humble system (and for this, I do remember my dear friend Dan who had been so kind to help all these years.) Its another big big adjustment for me as I do call him once a while to chat when going to work in the wee hours (6 am) of the morning when I am in Singapore.
Jim, I am sure when the lock down is open, we will get two meet again. Meanwhile, I am counting the monies I am getting back from my vinyl sale and see if they will go into the next upgrade - should I move home again. Counting the chickens before they are hatched.
Thats all the update.
Cheers
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar

Last edited by JSCC; 03-24-2021 at 05:41 PM.