View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 05:01 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
I have the ultimate near-field set up, which doesn’t help create a balanced sound: I’m using them as my computer speakers, with the wall too close. I listen at “low” volume mostly and occasionally turn the volume up and sit back 8 feet or so to listen for a while. Overall though, I am very happy with them. I was not expecting such a wide and deep soundstage. And while there is a lot of bass, it is certainly not bloated. As Ivan has said, they are a tremendous value. I can only imagine what 5Ks sound like when properly dialed in.
Not sure of the 'why', but the 9K's bass emphasis was tamed by adding more power. Jumped up from 18wpc to 42wpc and they've settled down and evened out. Won't pretend to understand why, but they are a real pleasure to listen to with the additional power. Perhaps there is better dampening or whatever with the additional power.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag