View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 12:20 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
My Canton Ref 9K stands sit on their stock feet and each sits atop a 22"x 24" piece of granite on top of carpet. Each stand is filled with ~25# of sand/lead-shot mix. The granite/stand/speaker combination weighs ~100#. I'll have to look into a better method of support than the stock feet. I tried spikes but was never happy with them. I'm thinking Herbie's threaded stud glider may be a nice step up. Thanks for the 'heads up' on them.
Have you thought of starting a "Herbie's" review thread? We've sort of morphed this one into that.
Ha! Yeah, we have kind of done that, huh?

If I may continue the digression for a moment more, Just an additional note, I've had a pair of Herbie's threaded stud gliders on the pedestals for my big Dynaudios for about 8 years now. They make a notable improvement over the little spikey things that Dyn included with the speakers.

Another product I've been seriously thinking about trying are the IsoAcoustics Gaia IIIs under the stands for the Harbeths. Be interesting to do comparison of them and the Herbies gliders.

Okay..enough digression.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.