View Single Post
Old 10-10-2021, 12:17 PM

Sorry that I disappeared from this string for a bit. Big things at work overtook else for a spell. I did not talk about any comparisons to the C20s because I never compared them head to head. These are limited addition and I had an opportunity to hear them in my room with my equipment and they never left. I did listen to the Harbeth 30.1 but not in the same room or with the same equipment. These are really beautiful. Sounding speakers. They have their limitations of course, especially low base extension, but on test recordings I can hear tones down close to 40 hz which I find pretty amazing considering their size. They are very resolving but not punishingly so but they are incredibly musical. If I try to have a session to analyze them I usually quickly forget what I was doing and get lost in the music. The Specials, in my room and with my equipment (which I am very proud of and pleased with but would not be considered to be at the high, high end (high-end, definitely yes)) have that great ability to fairly often “transport the listener” out of the room and to where music is being made. While it’s been a long time back, I recall similarities to my Quad EL 63s, super quick, but still warm- and very realistic and… with that transporting ability. For similar equipment to mine and similar room, I would highly recommend them.
Dynaudio Heritage Special. Uptone Audio EtherRegen Ethernet Switch. Akasa NUC 10i7 with Roon Rock. Bryston BDP-3 Digital Music Player (with 4 Tb Internal SSD and Synology DS920+ NAS)-->Holo Audio May Kitsune Edition DAC-->Shunyata Sigma USB—>Gryphon Diablo 120 Integreted Amp w Transpatent XL PC. Oppo BDP-105D and BDP-203. Power: Shunyata Hydra Sigma S12 PD. Additional Cabling: WW Silver Electra PC, WW Electra PC, Shunyata Venom 3 PC. Digital: WW Starlight Ethernet, WW Gold Starlight AES-EBU, WW Platinum Starlight USB. IC and Speaker: WW Eclipse 8.

Bedroom System
Ipad with MusicStreamer App-->Schiit Jotunheim DAC/Amp—>Audeze LCD-XC, Focal for Bentley Radiance HO, Massdrop E-MU Teak HP. AK SE 200 DAP.

Mobile Survival Kit
Astell & Kern SP1000M. Noble Kaiser Encore IEM with Double Helix Balanced cable, Westone W80 IEM w ALOaudio Ref 8 cable, Westone W60 IEM, Shure se535 Ltd with Westone Bluetooth Wireless cable-amp. Mark Levinson No. 5909 Wireless HP.