View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 07:11 PM

What’s there to say? Dan D’Agostino was producing some of the worlds most legendary products under the name of Krell since 1980 and now sets the benchmark even higher with Dan D’Agostino audio.

I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Dan in person and conversing with him on a few occasions. He is a master of his art, plain and simple.

Krell amplifiers, preamplifier, dacs, transports and CD players were typically regarded as some of the very best high end audio had to offer for decades. Military grade quality, top notch components under the hood and brilliant/innovative design that was always at the leading edge of technological performance that could be squeezed from the circuits and components.

Some of the most impressive auditions I’ve had the pleasure to experience over the years featured high current, sheer muscle Krell amplifiers grabbing compete control over any speaker and inducing eye flinching and rectum puckering dynamics that would blow the unprepared out of the seat yet being totally musical, engaging and mesmerizing in the context of great system synergy.

I have friends that are still enjoying the Krell products from late 80’s and 90’s. They are still as impressive as they ever were, even today. D’Agostino audio raises the bar even higher.

Since the master was forced out of Krell, I cannot speak for the post D’Agostino era products from Krell.

All one needs to do is peruse some of the archived reviews of Krell from any decade... in any publication.