View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 05:35 PM

Default Voltage fluctuations?

I have an odd thing happening where when listening to my system I get a "glitch" in the sound whenever something else with a large current draw starts in my home. For example, I have a geothermal heating and cooling system that is on its own 200 amp sub panel (I have 400 amp service to the house, the geo sub panel is connected to the main panel). When it kicks on, I get a very brief moment where the sound cuts out on my system. There is no noise, no pop or crack, just a split second where the sound cuts out.

My system is super simple and consists of just a Mark Levinson 585 integrated amplifier with just a Sonos Connect serving as the source for streaming music. Both are connected to a PS Audio Dectet which is plugged in to the wall.

The odd thing is this never happened with my old Krell S300i integrated amp. I can only assume the new integrated amp is more sensitive to voltage fluctuations? Would something along the lines of a PS Audio Power Plant or some other regenerator cure the issue, or what might the answer be?