View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
The DB3 is the dual 8” - the bass is adequate for your living room Peter? Do you mind giving your apron room dimensions? Thank you.

Kevin
I'm traveling, so this is approximate--our house is an open floor plan with the living room along the bottom of an L-shape, and the dining room/kitchen on the other leg of the L. The long walls of the L are both about 25'. My 805s and DB3 are against the long living room wall facing a wall about 14' away, with the other half of the L open nearby on one side, and our front hall open in the other direction. With "only" an MC275 and the sub's built in amp, I can get more volume than I can handle, with no strain. Also, I've adjust the sub level down 7 db.

So my take is that unless your room is too big for the 805s, which would be pretty damn big, then the DB3 is plenty.

One general point though--if you're dropping this much on speakers, I really think you should demo them at home for a few days if at all possible.