View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Serge - do you recommend the preamp or amp first for a fuse? Orange or Blue?
If I refer to Synergistic themselves, they do recommend to start with the source or as close to it as possible, then moving downward to the amplifier. In my case, I did the opposite and I changed all my fuses in my amplifier with the Blue. I started changing my fuses about 2 years ago so the Orange was not out yet at that time. Still, the results were staggering. Since I had to change 7 of them, I went baby steps to offset the costs a bit. With each added fuse, I could clearly hear the improvements each time.

There are some discussions over Audiogon forums about the Orange versus the Blue (now they are all closed due to some trolls) and the improvements they bring is pretty much unanimous among those who upgraded. Changing fuses may not be everyone cup of tea but the reward is there for those who try. I know audio grade fuses is a contreversial topic and I do not have the intention to debate here about it, and thread crap OP's post.

So, back to topic. My point is that, based on my experience with vintage gear, you can gain a lot of sonic improvements by swapping fuses and the results could almost equate (even more) to an upgrade to a more modern piece of gear. There are some people who have the same gear for many years and only changed the fuses for every generation and they always got better sound without even upgrading the component itself.