View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
+1 on this and agreed,..for most mortals we have to limit our toys if you will and make hard choices..

Up to 2006 and 2007, I used to have a stable of pristine Tenshodo solid brass handmade and other collectible Union Pacific HO locomotives (Big Boys, Challengers, 4-12-2 "Union Pacifics", etc...) and some rolling stock and plans to have a grand layout someday. I thought John Allen was a genious and wished for his skills at creating those believable miniature worlds...) at certain point I had to make a choice between trains and higher end audio, so the trains went and we are where we find ourselves today...

Still miss the trains but music is more important, at least for me, daily...

What a dilemma!

I’ve been a train nut since I was 4 years old and my uncle gave me a ride on the footplate of a steam Switcher. Initially I was terrified but quickly turned to enjoyment. Best part was him cooking bacon and eggs on the coal shovel in the firebox. What a wonderful meal.

Here I am 71 years later with trains everywhere. Around 140 locos running in the attics and live steam running round the garden. High end audio started for me around 12 years later and I would hate to give up either hobby.

How on Earth my wife will cope after ive gone I just don’t know. I’ve tried to document my train collection to make disposal easier but it won’t be easy.