View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Sorry Serge, I’m sure you didn’t mean anything by it, but essentially your post said you were moved by that performance, and if I wasn’t, better check to make sure I’m still alive. Which pretty much translates as if I’m not moved by what moves you, then I don’t have a heart. I appreciate that you’re moved by it, just not the insinuation that there’s something wrong with me if I’m not. We each have our own tastes.
Tony you will often see that phrase being used in articles. It speaks much more about the emotional response and feelings of the author, not the individual reading it. My phrase did not single or call anyone out so taking it personally reflects the state of your mood while my intention was to lift it through music...

I do sense that these days it is often not even worth sharing anything because you never know whose feelings will be hurt or who will get upset or triggered or whatever they call it. Conversations are getting more difficult and topics and words have to be carefully selected and analyzed.. I never could relate to that so I will just leave it at yes, we all have our taste and everyone is entitled to it, as well as their own opinions.

This site was built on sharing passion for the hobby as well as difference of opinion openly and with mutual respect. It all worked great. That obviously has changed over the years. That’s a shame.