View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jordan View Post
Serge-

First Things First!
Beautiful job on the renovation/redecoration of you room. It looks clean and modern. Like what you did with the fireplace too. Is it a traditional wood burning or did you add an insert stove like piece?

Now that you have a screen, the equipment rack may distract from viewing. Is it possible to combine all into one taller rack and place it back by the fireplace as in the older photo? You would just need longer speaker cables. All of you current equipment should be fine with a single 20 amp. If later you need (or would desire) the second circuit, 12g Romax can be neatly run in some type of conduit along/above the baseboard. After the wife's permission of course.
Thank John for the kind comments. This was more than a two year project I did myself along a new born child. I actually started when my son was 6 months old hoping that when he would be 3 or 4 we could watch movies togheter. And here we are now

The fireplace is a propane unit. It's the Napoleon Crystallo. I had wood burning fireplace and chimney before but the chimney needed "re-bricking" (is that a word?) and adding the cost of a new and more efficient wood burning fireplace was quite more expensive than running on gas. I like to idea to press a button to start the fireplace, and no mess. But the woodburning magic is not there though.

I find the rack to be a bit high and it's a bit distracting. Plus my cat likes to lay on that BDP-2 so she blocks the view on the screen. Actually, behind the storage cabinet on the side of the fireplace, there is already a dedicated 20A line there. But I am afraid the cost of speaker cables would be too high to choose this option. At the minimum I would need a longer interconnect. I checked and I would need 4 meters long.

Since a single 20A line is enough to power everything, I am considering the Ikea Besta Burs in yellow. Not audiophile at all by any standards but I really like the modern flair of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1_BESTÅBURSTVBench-IKEA.jpg (39.3 KB, 37 views)