View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Just got my Fulla from Schiit today!

The Fulla (the Norse goddess of bounty) is a portable, USB-powered dongle DAC/Headphone amp. One of it's distinguishing features is an actual ALPS analog pot for controlling volume. No dithering to produce a digital volume control function.

This thing is tiny. It is too small even for a standard Type A USB jack, so it uses a mini-B jack. The USB A-to-mini B cord is really short; if you want to put this on the back of an iMac or 27" Thunderbolt display, consider getting a longer USB A-to-Mini B cord.

Also, I initially had it resting on top of a spinning hard drive and it was picking up some hum or noise from the spinning HD. Moving it just a few inches away completely eliminated the hum, though, so worries!

I'm listening to it right now. It's pretty cool having an actual analog volume pot in this thing. Driving my Senn Momentums like gangbusters with hardly any gain on the pot.

Some pics to follow tonight if I'm up to it....we shall see.

Once it burns in, I will be comparing it to AQ Dragonfly v1.2 and the LH Geek Out 450.

Once again, Schiit innovates like pretty much no one else in the industry. And, I mean that seriously.
Thanks for the link. These guys look so cool. I want a Fulla just for the name, and for the price, how can I resist? Good Schiit!

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.