View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 10:37 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker Opinion

“This is NOT a Sales Pitch !

(Just a personal Observation that I want to share)

Not many people have had the opportunity to audition the BRYSTON speakers. I did, so as this is just my opinion, obviously, it is up to you if you want to or care to read this. I’ll be very short;

Room: HORRIBLE! Absolutely just about the worst acoustic situation you could find; Almost a corner load of one speaker, stairwell & door inches from the other, very wide opening at the back, side of the room. No treatments.

Equipment: BRYSTON Mono-blocks 7B-SST2, BRYSTON BDA-2 DAC, a Denon receiver as the Pre, Audioquest cables, BRYSTON Model T Signature Speakers (custom walnut) *(the homeowner just purchased the BRYSTON SP-3, but didn’t install it yet).

Having owned most of the [must-have] speakers, I currently own B&W 802, GENELEC 8030, KEF sub, JAMES LOUDSPEAKER (various models), and while not actively playing anymore, as a former Alto player, and growing up going to all types of live music events, I think my ears are [pretty good]!

The Model T Speakers without question have the best bass I think I have ever heard on a full range loudspeaker, reproducing deep bass accurately, not thudding or w/o musical tone, not distorted, and not bloated. I just listed to “You Can’t Always Get What You Want”, and the hairs on my arms stood up! The Mid-range was shockingly accurate and revealing. When the drum is whacked, you can almost feel the skin on the drum head and the wood stick hitting it. Like LIVE music! The reproduction of the instruments was so accurate you could almost think you were there.

The drivers are demonstrating a properly crossed over matched set, but technical mumbo-jumbo aside…were just seamless & absolutely musical. I listened to classical, lots of classical jazz, rock, and dare I admit, old-school rap. Nothing, but nothing we played seemed to ever cause a ruffle in the reproduction. I have heard some very impressive speakers over the past 20 years, with 2 that stood out within the past 5 or 6, but none, not a single one, seemed to accurately reproduce 7 octaves…until now.

The MODEL T is so underpriced…that if this was 2004, we would need to build a new factory just to keep up with demand. A CULT model in its infancy!

Again, just my opinion!

Wayne”