View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khashmi View Post
The HR-1 and the Caintuck Open Baffles are the most intriguing to me and I intend to demo them mercilessly. Will report back on my findings.

Update on the Fivre’s: they mellowed out after 50 hours, so their shouty signature is gone thankfully. I really like them though I feel that the Visseaux is a touch more refined in both sound stage and transparency. Easily happy with both.

Update 2: Got additional room treatments—specifically Alpha Pro Diffusion/Absorber panels from GIK Acooustics—both side walls and front wall and the sonic impact just flabbergasted me. It was like going from standard def to high def (more resolution) and soundstage increased in every direction, making the room sound larger than its physical size.

Update 3: Intend to finally put the 807’s in rotation by this weekend. The first set turned out to be faulty when I tested it in Canada with a friend. The eBay seller sent me a new set, but I’ve been busy breaking in the Fivres and the Mazda 5Y3.

F290E593-684A-456B-9C6A-6439AE26A6D5 by Tube Dad, on Flickr

Hi khashmi

I don't know the Visseaux, but the Fivre 6v6 g and gt I found both very good with a 5y3. I could not detect a shouty signature after they ar broken inn.

that with the room tuning is a good decision, I think many underestimate this factor.