View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:46 PM
Retired

I'm a detail/fast/articulate and soundstage person. Monitors excel at that (at least to my ears) and the Canton 9K does better than any other monitors I've owned. As I told the person who has the Zu's now, it is not that they are sub-standard with these qualities, but the 9Ks are noticeable better to my ears. Plus, the Canton tweeter is the best I've heard. Non-fatiguing over hours of extended listening. The 9Ks simply suit my preferences better with zero congestion, which is something I hear just a bit of with the Zu's (but, I also hear something similar with Harbeth 30.2s, which others do not). And, surprising to me, the 9Ks play more evenly at the lower listening levels (<80db) that I prefer.

I could live with the Zu's. But, lucky for me, as I have the Canton Ref 9Ks, I do not have to.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag