View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCarDriver View Post
I agree with you, but if you have a projector like most theaters do, projectors don’t have HDMI 2.1 yet anyways. Just like the 123 and 170.

I am curious if this is a stripped down 123 (I see mic input) with similar menus and functionality. If so, I dig it. More companies need to start ditching legacy connections that we all pay for and most people never use!

The 170 is the closest thing to a hotrodded 100 IMO. Minimal analog connections, however I would say even excessive HDMI connections.. really... 8 inputs and 4 outputs? Lol who uses that... come on now..

I REALLY like what the 100 stands for. I hope a very premium version of it is offered in the future.

Now that I see a 8ch, 7ch, 4ch rack mount class D amp... you have to know a 1000 watt mono has to of been discussed... that has to be on the roadmap..
I have a very basic system and I have 7 HDMI sources: Desktop PC, MacBook, iPad, Apple TV, Xbox, Playstation, Switch. My current receiver only has 6 inputs so I share the HDMI between my MacBook and iPad since they use the same USB C adapter.

Also I totally agree I like the spirit of this thing I think it just needs more HDMIs. RCAs on a HT processor aren't really necessary anymore especially considering the fact that McIntosh has the really nice passthrough feature on their preamps.