View Single Post
Old 05-21-2021, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Ioannis - welcome to AA..I saw your post.....that's the only information that I can see from several reviews/writeups. I'm not sure that's a specification you'll be able to find unless you contacted someone at Classe or put it on a test bench. I don't think that spec would be listed in a run of the mill audio review.

- Buck
Hello Buck,

Thanks for your welcome and reply…

Unfortunately you are absolutely right; I couldn’t find anywhere this spec. For the new Delta amp of Classe though, the power consumption is 715VA at full power into 8 ohms according to Stereophile.

The reason that I am asking is because I have the impression that my amps will benefit if a power line cleaner / filter is connected between the wall socket and the amps. Of course, this is not an easy project for such high power units, because the power line cleaner must be adequate for the high current demand and the preservation of the dynamics of the music.

Any relevant experience would be very helpful!..

I have a dedicated electrical panel and power supply for my hifi system with 3 schuko plugs. I did a few tests with the monoblocks connected to the electrical network of the house, the dedicated schucko plugs for the hifi and my old power line cleaner / filter. I received the best result when the power line cleaner was connected, where there was a significant drop to the noise floor. Unfortunately, the two high current outlets of my power line cleaner can deliver 3680W in total for 230V (equivalent to 1760W for 110V), which I think is insufficient for my Classe CA-M600.

The diameter of each cable from the panel to the schuko plugs is 3 x 2,5 mm2, which is approximately equivalent to 13 AWG.

Regards,
Ioannis