View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 01:47 AM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjlinus View Post
I just hooked up a REF6SE and a REF3SE (previously had the non SE versions.) The 6SE has 69 hours on it and the 3SE has about 10. It is hard to remember exactly Bea use I can’t do the nonSE and SE versions side by side, but they both sound more open, detailed, and musical. I especially notice the difference between the 3 and 3SE. (The 6SE feeds into a pair of older 250SEs.) They all sound so really incredible together... I expect to have them around for a long time.
Thanks. Yeah, that is always the way. My upgrades have a tendency to be overlapping and confounding. I will say there is a huge difference in the 100 - 200 hour range for most contemporary ARC gear. My Ref160s amp has really noticeably improved over the last few days... and it is in the 300 hour range. I went from 5SE to 6SE. I have had my REF3 for a while.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.