View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
I had a demo REF 9se for about 6 weeks with a metal remote similar to the one that came with my REF 5SE preamp. I also ordered a REF6se preamp. When I got my new CD9se it had a cheap plastic remote. I will admit it bothered me a lot. Makes me feel like a chump. You buy CD player that cost as much as a new car... something you could drive hundreds of thousands of miles and they give you a $5 plastic remote. If someone came over to my house to listen to my system I would be embarrassed to hand it to them... it is an insult to the buyer. When I was young I pursued sound quality at any price... including ugly. I am retired enjoying the rewards of my career. I have speakers beautifully crafted in Italy... well you get the idea. I am not a happy camper. I talked to my audio guy. He told me the new owner understood this was a really stupid move and is changing back to the metal ones and promised to get me one for my CD9se and for my REF6se preamp when it comes. I am much relieved as this is something I would have had a hard time letting go.
Keep us posted on this thread if you actually get a metal remote. Thanks. As an aside, I have some doubts about ARC’s future. I’ve had issues with the latest components that I’ve never encountered in 40 years of ARC ownership.
Wilson Alexia V; ARC Ref 6SE; ARC Ref Phono 3SE; Boulder 1160; Esoteric K1X; Artisan Fidelity Garrard 301 Statement; Ikeda 407; Koetsu Leopard, Coralstone; Shunyata Denali 6000T; Shunyata AC cables; Siltech Prince speaker cables; Siltech Princess interconnects, Avondale II phono.