View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 03:16 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleep View Post
I received my Altaira last week; purchased blindly from talking to Ivan. Oh my goodness, this is just crazy! I have never experienced anything remotely this good.

Everything, and I mean everything sounds so much better! Of course I have no real life understanding how this magic box works, but let me tell you “it is worth it’s weight in gold”

Congrats Shunyata, and thank you Ivan.
Haha!

Pretty amazing, eh? Congrats!

I've got a segmented system with one SG hub dedicated to the "front end" (my Lumin P1) and another SG hub solely dedicated to the Constellation Inspiration integrated amp, and if I were to hazard a guess, I'd say the implementing this segmented Altaira set-up provided something on the order of a 40% improvement in overall system performance; it's just insane what will Altaira do for a system.

The benefits are synergistic, so if you add another Altaira to develop a segmented system, you'll get a concomitant and additive increase in audio quality.

At some point, I'll get another SG hub, and have one dedicated to the Inspiration's L channel, and one for the R channel, as the Inspiration is fully dual-mono throughout.

As my Lumin P1 is fully run-in, there are evenings when I'm listening to music and something particularly well-mastered comes on, and I'm literally yelling out loud, "Goddam!"

Now, when I hear other systems that don't have it, I hear the hash, grit, grain, "spittiness" from the noise on the ground-plane.

Absolute breakthrough product.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.