View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 12:59 PM

First of all congratulations. Truth be known there's not all that much difference between the SabrinaX and the more expensive Wilson speakers. They all possess the Wilson sound which is truly excellent.

You are correct when you say the setup is very important. I am not saying that having a Wilson speaker right next to the rear wall will yield poor sound but Dave Wilson did not recommend it. Reading the OM IMO is quite important, especially for speaker placement and for relation of the speaker to your ears.

I have owned three Wilson speakers. The tweeters should not be aimed at the face but at your ears. It's is known as on axis listening. It's reproducible from speaker to speaker in the Wilson line. This separates Wilsons from all other speakers. The frequency response varies with toe in or out and with Wilson you know exactly how much. You will not hear any harshness at all with the tweeter aimed at your ear.

In addition, you should be sitting about a foot or two further from your speakers than the distance between the tweeters, not an equilateral triangle but not far from one. You want to be within the range of vocal neutrality as far as the rear wall is concerned but after this, adjust so that the bass is pleasing to you. I would get a Wilson sub test disc and listen to my bass frequencies for peaks and dips. I don't recommend an equalizer with Wilsons.

A Watchdog sub(s) will extend your bass and can also smooth out your bass. The great thing about Wilsons is the fact that they make their speakers and subs to work together. Yes, it is expensive but you have this to look forward to in the future if you want a bigger system. A Watchdog will work well with an Alexia.

Good listening and absolute congrats!

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 10-27-2020 at 01:02 PM.