Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
Yeah, but how do they sound?
prepress, there's a lot of wisdom on the floor. Several months ago it was crowded and I made a dude who was skating backwards around the curve fall. I apologized profusely. He said it was ok, "That's the way life is, when you fall you pick yourself up, and go on." We are all brothers and sisters on the floor: black, white, hispanic, oriental. Your age doesn't matter. My best friend is Antonio. He skates like a cat and is about one third my age. He's amazing but not in T-Stack's orbit. T-Stacks says you can do anything you want to do on skates, it just depends on how bad you want to do it. Lot of wisdom in that statement.

Best

Charles

p.s. Ed is 58, oriental, and obsessed with front wheel skating. I was watching Antonio last night and he goes to his front wheels does a lightning move turnaround on his front wheels skates backwards on his front wheels doing all sorts of stuff, then turns frontward, all on the front wheels, all in about 30 seconds. Ed can't come close to this. I thought, "my goodness, how I wish I could do that." I'm a good dancer. Antonio and I dance together a lot. I hung a toe stop skating on my front wheels and had a fall. The right knee hurt/stung for a while. But you pick yourself up and go on. Falls are a part of life and skating. I try not to experience too many of them.

Last edited by Charles; 02-12-2022 at 02:51 PM.