Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2022, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
Yes it does Charles!
As you point out with the Aida to start with a pair of mono amps and later expand to bi- or tri-amping can be a fun journey. The Magico
might also be fun but it's another ride. Both can eventually be fabulous.

When you are in this part of super High End it's not easy to get demonstrations in a store that compare different systems. You can't really know whats the best for you.
You have to be experienced i what sound you like and what products that can take you there.
Listen to a lot of systems in different rooms and try things yourself in your system is the best way I think. It's part of the fun to.
Carl, without hearing the Aida MC901/ Rel Reference 1 Six Pack vs the M6 with Momentums/Dual Titan subs, it would be a difficult choice. It would be a tossup. I would flip a coin. I have never heard either speaker and have no feel for what I might like. I believe I would be very happy with either choice. Those new Titan subs are very impressive but would require special wiring. The Rel Stack would also. All in all I would prefer your tri-amped Fenice's with your vintage Krell, no separate subs needed.