View Single Post
Old 01-28-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
From one Glenn to another (like that we both know how to spell our name.........), not that the Planar 10 isn't excellent, but remember, that's one person's opinion. Plenty of excellent TT/TA combo's out there in the $4-7K price range. Read a few of the reviews in the VPI forum here, as well.

As for a phono stage, doesn't Ayre still offer the P5xe? It has received many excellent reviews. My 'rule-of-thumb' for phone stages is one wants to spend about the same $$ of the phone stage as they spend for a cartridge.
Glenn, very true, there are several TT/TA combo's in that range which makes it a difficult decision. The reason I'm honing in on this one is it's received several favorable reviews. In particular, I like the similar feedback from all of the reviewers describing the sound as lots of clarity on the top end while producing low tight bass. I'm not looking for a laid back sound, I want to hear detail. Not that other combinations do not offer this either, but the technology that goes into this TT/TA taken from Rega's $45k Naiad table and the price is very attractive.

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean