View Single Post
Old 07-09-2023, 01:35 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
Hope your health issues are resolved and you return to good health. In the last year and a half my wife has had knee and shoulder replacements. I understand, thankfully Colleen is greatly improved, her health is good!
My best to you and your wife on the health challenges. I'm trying to work out the schedule for the surgery around the vacation schedule at work and finding someone who will come get me from the hospital once everything's over. They won't let me out unless someone comes to get me; That's the most difficult part of the surgery!

Last week I bought a mattress, and with everything it comes in at $1864. I'm now exploring whether I can swing both the new iMac and a phono preamp this year. The question isn't whether the money's available but how much of a hole do I want to dig in my checking account. The SweetVinyl is off the table and though it would help my older records, it's still not available. I still have the two trips to consider as well, one to DC and one to Houston. I've already spent $3100 on glasses and a mattress (about the cost of a JC3+). I'm intrigued by the Luxman E-250, about $2400 MSRP, though I've seen it for much less than that; a retailer in Indonesia has it for about half-price! I don't want to deal with overseas, frankly.

Meantime, I STILL need to start playing records again. If I don't do that, why bother?
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks