Thread: New MDA200 DAC
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan View Post
MDA200 is a swiss army knife kind of product. Yes, it can be a stand-alone DAC, upgradeable with beautiful sound. Also, an entry-level Mc digital pre-amplifier for individuals who want to get into separates but looking for modern-looking / simplistic pieces. An excellent stepping stone into the world of MAC. We all started somewhere. For me, it was MA6300 many years ago.

A low-profile, sleek system might look like the following.
MDA200 / MI502
MDA200 / MC152

I like it, but I will not be buying one. Instead, I want an MDA12000 with the highest sound quality, build quality, and legendary McIntosh value that the C12000 possesses. I believe this is what a lot of us McIntosh Fans desire.
McMan, what you desire would be nice but doubt it will happen. I think Mac chose against the existence of this potential piece with the MCD12000/C12000/MC3500 trio. I don't see much advantage in an MDA12000 over the DAC in the MCD12000. You would need a new transport to complement the new reference standalone DAC. I personally think Mac should build your preference but don't believe it will happen.: yes:

Best

Charles