View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 04:24 PM
Semi-audiophile

It just got worse. Having hung around an AA phono preamp thread, I have downloaded manuals for the following, and will look into them more as I begin preliminary research:

Luxman E-250
McIntosh MP100
Sutherland 20/20 w/LPS power supply
Sutherland Insight
Parasound JC3+
Parasound JC3 Jr
Musical Surroundings Nova III
Rega Aria Mk III

The question is which would be a reasonable improvement over the 2300, but not disproportionally so compared to the rest of the system. The MP100 was "a slight improvement in sound quality and features" according to McIntosh; "slight" may not be enough. The JC3+ is a full-size unit, which could mean placement/space issues. We'll see if I go this route rather than the SweetVinyl SC-1 or 2, or my original thought of an IC upgrade. All three aren't happening. I'm close to engaging a lawyer, and need a new mattress too. But since I'm the slow, methodical type, those other issues might be resolved by the time a choice is made regarding the audio upgrade possibilities.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks